Our client is changing the culture of transport. They are leading energy innovation to deliver cost effective electrification and de-carbonization of our world by developing ground breaking patented superconductor and permanent magnet propulsion systems underpinned by their trademarked technology. We are looking for a VP of Business Development /Sales to open the doors of negotiation so that we can start to commercialize our product.
We are looking for someone who formulates and implements sustainable competitive global sales strategies that support the long-term sales and revenue growth of the aviation passenger business.
- Supports the Chief Commercial Officer in defining and preparing business plans for achieving growth outside the traditional sales channels and markets.
- Devises new business development opportunities to further growth both on our own and through strategic partnerships, as appropriate.
- Devises a strategic focus on increasing the firms market share in the existing markets as well as identifying and developing new markets to increase revenue
- Ensures that strategies are regularly updated to reflect changes in business drivers, growth, technology development as well as global advancements in the aviation industry
- Ensures that sales strategies and models are benchmarked at least once per year against competitive strategies to keep the firm ahead of its competitors
- Optimizes the channel mix and ensures that new channels are identifies and developed that are designed to extend our sales reach and lower our cost of sales
- Maintains a key focus on keeping abreast new and emerging sales models across the industry in order to innovate and challenge traditional sales models to ensure that the firm is always focused and competitive
- Establishes a robust and scalable sales performance measurements system and process that regularly monitors the firms performance and enables our sales force in the field to perform optimally by providing them with decisions relevant information on the move. This includes establishing and measuring sales performance and KPI’s as well as against the firms competitors.
- Works in tandem with marketing to ensure that global sales and business development strategies and plans are fully aligned and supported by marketing and promotion plans, across the globe
- Sets ancillary business strategies and align them to contribute to our overall revenue
- 30 – 50 % travel required
Skills and Experience
- Solid Airline industry knowledge
- 7-10 years B2B sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong leadership skills
- Must have relationship building capabilities to open doors, develop opportunities and close deals
- Must have excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Results oriented, self-starter and highly motivated
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision making ability
- Strong ability to multitask and effectively handle several projects and priorities
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Communicating technical content to clients, teams, suppliers and other professionals and presenting data
Preferred History of Employment
- Rolls Royce
- Pratt and Whitney
Please contact email@example.com for further information